Friday, September 18, 2015

Behind the Scenes - Joule

So when replacing the Male members of the Hoenn League, I thought it would be fun to include some original characters instead of bringing in characters from other games. Here's a little bit of background info for how I went about designing them!

So after I finished up Ellianna, I made sure that I had 1: A general idea of what the character was about and 2: Knew ahead of time which Leader I was replacing. This made things A LOT easier. So for Joule I decided to have her replace Wattson. Joule's name is of course a reference to the Energy Measurement by the SAME NAME.

Anyways, while Joule is obviously very different from Wattson, I wanted to keep certain things familiar. As Wattson was the oldest Gym Leader, I made a point of referencing Joule's apparent age within the dialogue. While designing her, she started to take a dominatrix-esque look that I wasn't planning on. I decided to keep this and work her to be somewhat of a Sadist, which is also referenced lightly within the game.

That's about it this time around, hope everyone is enjoying the game so far!

BONUS: Here's a 3D rendering of Joule that I threw together in my free time



FULL SIZE
(Pose Data by AochiYoruneko, Model by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment